The purpose of the conference is to explore key themes and multiple perspectives on various aspects of higher education. We welcome submissions that address broad topics such as:
We call for submissions that fit within the context of the general
theme. Submissions should not be previously published or accepted for
publication by any publisher or organization. Extended abstracts of all
submissions will be double-blind peer reviewed by members of the
conference Academic Committee to ensure they meet the standards and
follow the requirements. Papers that are accepted will be published in
the conference proceedings providing at least one author completes
registration. Furthermore, three journals have indicated their readiness to consider manuscript publication subject to their own independent review process: the Journal of Foodservice Business Research, the Journal of Human Resources in Hospitality and Tourism, and the Journal of Hospitality and Tourism Insights.
The following types of submissions are accepted for review:
We require everyone who wishes to submit their work to the conference to submit a proposal/abstract for review of not more than 500 words. The abstract should follow APA style 7th edition. Please submit your proposal/abstract as text within the form below AND within your attached Word or PDF document submission.
Extended abstracts of all submissions are subject to double-blind review by two members of the conference Academic Committee for each submission to ensure they meet the standards and follow the requirements.
What Are Reviewers Looking For?
During the peer review process, reviewers look for:
· Scope: Is the paper appropriate for the scope of this conference?
· Novelty: Is this original material distinct from previous publications?
· Validity: Is the study method well designed and executed?
· Advancement: Is this a significant contribution to the field?
· Data: Are the data collected, analyzed, and interpreted correctly and clearly?
· Clarity: Are the references used appropriately, cited accurately, and formatted correctly?
· Compliance: Are all ethical and publication requirements met?
If your submission meets the requirements, please submit your abstract online at http://pdgia.ca/presenter/.
Peer Review Decisions
Conference peer review occurs within a fixed window of time. All authors are notified of the peer review decision on their paper at the same time.
You may receive one of three possible decisions:
· Accept: Your extended abstract is accepted without edits.
· Accept with revision: Your extended abstract is accepted after you implement edits suggested by the reviewers. You will be asked to provide a revised version in given time.
· Reject: Your paper will not be presented at the conference or published in the electronic conference proceedings to be made available shortly after the conference concludes.
Templates for the extended abstracts and the
various types of submissions may be found below:
Become a Presenter - call for Papers
We call for submissions that fit within the context of the general theme Shaping the Future: Key Themes in Higher Education.
The purpose of the conference
is to explore key themes and multiple perspectives on various aspects of higher
education. Please see the detailed information in the Submissions tab above.
The Private Degree-Granting Institutions Association (PDGIA) invites all academics, students, practitioners, policymakers, and stakeholders to submit abstracts, extended abstracts, full papers, in-progress papers, and case studies to the 2023 PDGIA conference.
Note that students at the bachelor’s- and graduate-levels are invited to submit their work in any of the categories above. Student presenters will receive a Certificate of Participation and are exempt from conference registration fees. Student work will be included the conference proceedings. All presenters should note that three journals have indicated their readiness to consider manuscript publication subject to an independent review process: the Journal of Foodservice Business Research, the Journal of Human Resources in Hospitality and Tourism, and the Journal of Hospitality and Tourism Insights.
This third annual PDGIA conference will be based in Vancouver on March 30, 2023. Subject to public health guidelines, our intention is hold the conference in-person.
The Submission Period is now Closed.